Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Call of Duty 4...

When Call of Duty 2 came out, I wasn't too impressed with in initially.

I thought the game was repetitive, boring, unbalanced, and lacked the inspiration on the maps that other games had. I thought Moscow was too big, Tunisia too bright, and every other map seemed either too busy or too dull. I continued to play with my friends, having a good time, and then I realized I was getting good at it.

What followed was a series of nights that were, minimum, five hours long. These nights were full of Team Deathmatch games, where it was 5 on 5, with myself usually faring the best out of all the competition. I can recall one game where I went 30 kills to 1 death, and knew right then: This game had staying power.

Now Call of Duty 4 is here, and it does all the things Call of Duty 2 did not. It keeps track of total kills, ratio, score, etc. It also keeps track of play time, and while my number keeps getting higher and higher, I don't feel like I've actually played the game for that long in comparison to Call of Duty 2. Now, with that being said, I think that Call of Duty 4 is a much better game in many ways. Only time will tell how long I clock in for total before the game gets old, or how many times I can shoot someone in the head before the novelty wears off, but as of right now I do not see that happening any time soon.

I've already notched 10,000 kills, with a ratio right around 2.75 kills to deaths, easily the highest on my friends list. It's a great hobby no doubt, and it's been super fun, the only challenge is going to be to keep playing with the same guys night after night, and hope that they enjoy the game as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home